Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipe

When I think of Cinco de Mayo, I think of MARGARITAS! You'll find me sipping one on May 5th for sure.

Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipe
Photo by Sarah Brewer of Click Photo Designs

My husband and I noticed that our favorite Mexican restaurant adds orange juice in their margarita mix, which takes the edge off the too-tart mix most places serve. For our Cinco de Mayo Margarita Party, we crafted our own margarita recipe to make use of this secret ingredient.

Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipe CardPruitt House Margaritas

One Part
Tequila, Triple Sec, Sour Mix

Two Parts
Orange Juice

Three Parts
Margarita Mix

I like drink recipes that use parts, so you can easily scale the recipe up or down to fill a single glass or an entire drink dispenser like we did for our party.

After trying many brands of ingredients that were economical for a large party, our favorites for this recipe were
  • Margaritaville Silver Tequilla
  • Master of Mixes Sour Mix
  • Tropicana No-Pulp Orange Juice
  • Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix

If you missed any of my Cinco de Mayo Margarita Party Pics, be sure to check them out.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment


All contents Creative Commons licensed. Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers.

Please give credit to Betsy Pruitt of Belly Feathers and provide a link back to the page containing the content when you use ideas, text, and photos from this site. Thanks!

Full Disclosure: If you see a link to Amazon on this blog, it is probably a link through their affiliate program, meaning I would receive a teeny tiny commission on any sales from that link. Please know I only write about items that I think would interest my readers and never for commission on these items.